Categories:

Mr. Glenn Peano Is Appointed THS Vice Principal

Mr. Glenn Peano, the former THS Social Studies Supervisor and Supervisor of Elementary Curriculum, rejoins THS this year as the newly appointed vice principal. As he returns, Mr. Peano is excited to reacquaint himself with the high school environment and the rhythm of daily life at THS.

In his new role, Mr. Peano works closely with Mr. Morrison to lead the school with responsibilities that include enforcing the student code of conduct, coordinating security drills, conducting teacher observations, and more. Reflecting on what makes THS special, he highlights the dedicated staff and exceptional students.

“The teachers, support staff, and administrators here are great. Our students, compared to other schools, are polite, compassionate, and active.” 

His approach to discipline focuses on fostering a supportive, rather than punitive, environment.

“Discipline should be about supporting students,” he emphasizes, pointing out that incidents of violence and vandalism at THS are relatively low compared to other schools. However, he is always mindful of maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere. 

Born and raised in North Haledon, NJ, he graduated from DePaul Catholic High School in Wayne. His journey into the field of education was inspired early on by his father, a high school industrial arts teacher. Having grown up seeing his father teach woodworking, electronics, and mechanical drawing, Peano thought education seemed like a natural path. In addition to his love for social studies, athletics played a significant role in his life. He fondly recalls his time as a high school athlete, participating in football, wrestling, and baseball, and later transitioning to coaching wrestling at the high school level. Besides an affinity for athletics, he shares his admiration for his senior-year journalism class, which empowered him to explore comedic writing and profiles of fellow students.

Outside of his responsibilities at school, Mr. Peano enjoys staying active, waking up before dawn to work out at Retro Fitness. He also loves cooking, gardening in the summer, and spending time with his dog, Tecumseh. Naming his dog after such a resilient and courageous figure from history highlights Mr. Peano’s admiration for historical leaders who left a lasting impact on the world. He is also a loyal fan of both the Mets and the Jets and embraces the highs and lows of supporting his favorite teams.

For the students of THS, Mr. Peano offers simple yet valuable advice: “Relax.” He is concerned by the level of anxiety among the students, and encourages them to strike a balance between academics and extracurriculars. He wants students to know that while he may have a stoic demeanor, he is approachable and always ready to connect with a bit of humor. So, if you see Mr. Peano around, either in the hallways or greeting students entering school in the morning, don’t hesitate to say hi—he’s always happy to chat and share a smile!