Kav and Kay’s Weird Food Combos

Kav and Kay’s Weird Food Combos

What is the strangest food combo you’ve ever tried? Salted watermelon? Pickles and ice cream? Hot chocolate and cheese? The options are truly endless. It’s always the most random flavors that make the best pairings. But even though we may not share the same taste buds, don’t yuck on someone’s yum!

Kay’s Weird Food Combos:

Butter Bread with Froot Loops

Let me put you on this, and don’t be so quick to judge. Little elementary school Kailyn was a genius for combining these two staples of a breakfast meal. You’ve probably heard of Fairy Bread, where someone thought that sprinkles belonged on buttered bread. Well, they are wrong. The real pairing to bread isn’t sprinkles or peanut butter or any of the assortments of jam — it is simply butter and Froot Loops! The texture of this combo resembles that of the classic toasted bread and butter duo, but with an added crunch!  I am going to add a reference picture below to provide a clear picture of what this looks like. There are just no words for how perfect this food combo is, no matter how“weird” people think it is.

Ice Cream with French Fries

I feel like this one is more normalized but I would still classify it as a strange food combo. The concept behind this snack is ingenious, as it combines a typical lunch side with a dessert. Parents are always telling their children to eat the dessert last, but who’s stopping you from eating them together with your meal? I think this combination is even better when the french fries are scorching hot and salted well. It’s a bonus if the fries are sweet potato french fries because of their savory notes. There is just something about vanilla or chocolate ice cream that goes well with either of these types of french fries that makes this snack a winner in my lineup of the best food combos to exist.

Mango Frozen Yogurt with Chocolate M&Ms

If you have ever come to BYY with me, you know that my order is always the same. Introducing the stars of the show: mango frozen yogurt and mini M&Ms. All of the other toppings are just extras. Honestly, this food combo doesn’t even deserve the title of “weird.” Fruits and chocolate have been a popular pairing for a long time, from chocolate-covered strawberries to banana splits with chocolate drizzle. This is no different. The cold mango frozen yogurt goes perfectly with the sweet chocolate, and I’m not looking to change up this order anytime soon.

M&Ms with Ice Water

Okay, I know what you’re thinking, but just hear me out and listen to my directions. Get a pack of M&Ms, preferably in regular size. Grab a glass of cold ice water. Then, place an M&M in your mouth and take a gulp of ice water. I don’t know what chemistry thing is going on here but the ice water makes the chocolate freeze, so it basically tastes like you are eating frozen M&Ms. Describing this sounds gross, but you’ve got to trust me that it is hands down the only way to eat this classic snack. I just put one of my friends on this combo and she agrees that this combo is valid!

Kav’s Weird Food Combos:

Spicy Cheetos and Cream Cheese

Want to spice up your favorite everyday snack? Dip your spicy Cheetos in a bowl of cream cheese for a flavor blast! The spicy and savory flavor of the Cheetos contrasts perfectly with the tangy flavor of the cream cheese, creating a balanced and interesting tasting experience. Now, when you lick the bright orange Cheeto dust off your fingers, you’ll have an irresistible creamy finish that will leave you craving more. Give it a try and take your snacking to the next level!

Blueberry Bagel with Scallion Cream Cheese

If you couldn’t already tell, I’m a fan of cream cheese, and I’m always looking for new ways to experiment with it. But who would have ever thought that the sweet and tangy blueberries would pair with the spicy and peppery scallion cream cheese? Well, this combo has been my go-to order at Celebrity Bagels forever! There’s nothing I look forward to eating more on a Saturday morning. The crunch of the perfectly toasted blueberry bagel, the burst of sweet juice from the whole blueberries, and the subtle kick of the scallions take you on a rollercoaster of textures worth every minute.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter

Before I explain myself, I want to preface that I am not a fan of peanut butter. However, when it’s paired with a strawberry banana smoothie, I’m all in! The creaminess and saltiness of the peanut butter balances the overwhelming sweetness of ripe strawberries and bananas. Peanut butter may be a versatile spread that can be eaten in a variety of combinations, but, it’s best in a smoothie, even if the murky color of the drink may seem unappealing!

If you haven’t already tried these genius combinations, give them a go! And remember, don’t yuck our yum before giving it a chance because you might have just found your new favorite snack. The possibilities are endless!