Top 10 Trader Joe’s Fall Items

Trader Joe’s is one of the most popular supermarkets, known for its unique food and seasonal specialties. Recently, Trader Joe’s started selling its fall items, so here is my top ten must-try list.

1. Pumpkin Ginger Hold the Cones

This TraderJoe’s treat is a spin-off of its classic Hold the Cones. Their original flavors are vanilla or chocolate ice cream coveredin a chocolate shell and a waffle cone. However, the Pumpkin Ginger Hold the Cones are made with pumpkin-flavored ice cream, a ginger cone, and a vanilla shell. My favorite part is the last bite, where there is chocolate (but vanilla in the pumpkin ginger flavor). Not only is it a delicious and surprising treat at the bottom, but it prevents the ice cream from leaking out.

2. Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

The infamous Trader Joe’s freezer section is arguably the best part of the store. This Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese just screams dinner and a fall movie. This warm mac and cheese with sweet butternut squash flavor is a perfect and easy meal. Just pop it in the microwave and you’re done!

3. Pumpkin Bagels

These Pumpkin Bagels are a fan favorite and the perfect breakfast to start your day. For people who don’t love pumpkin, I would still recommend trying these because the pumpkin flavor is subtle. However, if you love pumpkin, I suggest pairing this bagel with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cream Cheese. I usually slice the bagel, toast it, and then spread the Pumpkin Cream Cheese.

4. Maple Pancake Flavored Puffs

These Maple Pancake Flavored Puffs are like Pirate’s Booty but sweet, not savory. The texture is the same as the Trader Joe’s spin on Pirates Booty but with a sweet maple pancake flavor. These puffs melt in your mouth, and the aftertaste leaves a flavor of fall. This unique flavor combination is a yes for me!

5. Pumpkin Brioche Twist

This toast resembles cinnamon swirl bread, but pumpkin flavored. The bread itself is brioche bread, not white bread. Brioche bread has more of a buttery flavor which when combined with pumpkin, tastes magical. The warm spices and pumpkin flavor are such a fall staple and this pumpkin brioche twist can be used in various ways—the opportunities are endless.

6. Maple and Sea Salt Kettle Corn

Not only are these kettle corn absolutely delicious, the bag itself radiates fall vibes. The combination of maple and sea salt flavors creates a perfect ratio of sweet to salty. For those who are fans of the various flavors of kettle corn, this flavor is life-changing. Unlike other kettle corn, though, this one has maple syrup flavoring and reminds me of a pancake flavor with a hint of salt and crunch. 

7. Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps

These crunchy delights are also a Trader Joe’s favorite all year round, but this pumpkin cranberry flavor is only in stores in the fall. Although a unique flavor, it is not super strong so it pairs nicely with a variety of cheeses. This cracker would be perfect on a Thanksgiving charcuterie board!

8. Pumpkin Flavored Organic Frosted Toaster Pastries

Trader Joe’s frosted toaster pastries are similar to Pop-Tarts, but they are organic. Thetoaster pastry debate whether to toast them or not is a controversial one, but with these pumpkin flavored ones it is inevitably the right choice to toast them—who eats pumpkin flavored treats cold? And besides, isn’t the point of fall flavored foods, that they are supposed to warm you up as it starts to get cold outside?

9. Caramel Apple Flavored Granola

This flavorful granola consists of apple slices, peanuts, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin seeds, all drizzled with caramel. This terrific granola can be eaten in a variety of different forms: as a snack, in cereal, for breakfast, or in yogurt. Compared to other granolas, this one is definitely sweeter, so keep that in mind when choosing how to eat it. 

10. Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Thins

These pretzel thins are covered in yogurt, are pumpkin flavored, and have other warm spices. While I prefer pretzel thins over an actual pretzel, when covered in yogurt, an actual pretzel is better. The reason is that the ratio of pretzel to yogurt is much better than a pretzel thin, where there is more yogurt than the pretzel thin itself.