Six Refreshing Fall Activities to Try This Season

Alesia Kozik

It is fall. It is once again the time of year when the weather becomes brutal and verdant views of nature start to dim. Piles of flourishing leaves fall on the ground and wrinkle. Yet, it is also the time of year when crisp wind is in the air, when nature displays its beautiful foliage, when all the Halloween decorations adorn houses, and best of all, when the supermarket is packed with pumpkin spice and cinnamon-flavored products. Here are some of the fall activities you can do to get you in a fall spirit.

Enjoy Eating Fall Desserts

Fall desserts are diverse and flavorful. There are apple pies, pumpkin pies, peanut butter blondies, carrot cakes, apple cider doughnuts, and many more treats that are definitely hard to resist. The good news is, supermarkets are full of them at this time of year. However, making them yourself might add a special twist as well. There are tons of simple fall desserts recipes for you to follow. Perhaps, this season may be a perfect opportunity to challenge yourself to do it. You don’t have to limit yourself to baking fall desserts either; you could also make fall drinks or fall meals like pumpkin soup. If doing it by yourself seems daunting, remember that you can get together with your family or friends to make them together.

Jump into Big Pile of Leaves

Who doesn’t have a big pile of leaves in their yard? Brace yourself to jump into one and lay down to feel the chill in the air. Who knows? It might just be as comfortable as your own bed. The more leaves you pile up, the more fun you will have. Maybe you can use these piles to do a scavenger hunt with your family! 

S’mores with Spooky Stories by the Fire

Spending time with loved ones at a campfire roasting s’mores and telling each other scary stories might just be the best fall moment. Though this could be done at any time of the year, fall offers the best environment for a spooky campfire with its cold weather and Halloween spirit.

Walk and Run!

With chill and colder weather, fall is the best time for you to go outside and exercise. Plus, it’s a great way to burn off all the calories from your Thanksgiving feasts. Walking and running in fall rewards you with beautiful scenery of foliage. Moving your body is good for your physical health as well as mental health, and fall is a perfect time for it.

Have Fall Movie Nights

There are many fall movies that get you cozy and prepare you for the fall season. Having movie nights is also a great way to spend time together with your family and friends. Some child-friendly movies you can watch are Ghostbusters, Hocus Pocus, The Goonies, The Nightmare before Christmas, E.T., and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. With your choice of movie and food/drinks to enjoy, you can create small moments that would later become fond memories.

Go to Farmers’ Markets, Apple Picking, or a Pumpkin Patch

Apple- and pumpkin-picking are common activities that many people don’t forget to do in fall, but they mark a big part of fall activities. You get to spend nice time outside on a beautiful fall day with your family and feel the spirit of fall all around you. Going to a farmer’s market can be an excellent way to buy local vegetables and fruits, while going apple- and pumpkin-picking are must-dos for this time of year.