Let the Show Begin: Tenafly’s Got Talent Annual Showcase

Serenity Cray, Staff Writer

Grab your tickets and get ready for this year’s annual showcase of Tenafly’s Got Talent, a local competition that features competitors from grades K-12. The show will be held on Saturday, December 9th, 2017 in The Collins-Tall Auditorium at the school. This year’s showcase is set to be one of the best, with a variety of acts such as singers, musicians, dancers, gymnasts, and mathematicians.

As all great shows, there is a lot of work that is put into making the talent show a time to remember. The auditions, which were held November 2nd and 3rd, were a long, grueling process. Following callbacks, each performer has been perfecting his or her act and will continue to do so up until the very day of the show. The head-coordinator, Mr. Adam Rendell, said “The most enjoyable aspect of coordinating Tenafly’s Got Talent is working with students K-12, watching them perform their talents, helping them to perfect their performance, and seeing them execute it on the day of the show”.

The talent show will award a prize to each top competitor at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. All three winners will receive a $50 gift card to a local restaurant of their choice. The competition also has one Judge’s Choice winner and a Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner receives a $200 cash prize and the title of Tenafly’s Got Talent Top Performer. “It was a very surreal moment when I found out I won the talent show. I have been a competitor in Tenafly’s Got Talent for three years now, so it was a very big accomplishment,” said Tenafly’s Got Talent 2016 winner, Reilly Wilmit (‘18). Wilmit took home the Grand Prize with her spectacular performance of “She Used To Be Mine” from the Broadway musical Waitress.

Reilly Wilmit (’18), performing in Tenafly’s Got Talent

The highly anticipated show is sure to be a success, showcasing some of the most talented people in the town. “The best thing to do is just have fun out there,” said Bradley Moyer (‘19), when asked about advice for current and future performers. Tenafly’s Got Talent is a show where every person from any age group can share his or her talents in front of the entire town. Grab seat and let the show begin!

And the winner is….you. You can buy tickets at the door or can purchase them here.