My Favorite Local Restaurants

Back to Article
Back to Article

My Favorite Local Restaurants

Rachel Sarnak, Senior Editor

Ever looking for a new place to have brunch with your friends? Or dinner with your family? Here are a few of my favorite restaurants to go to—starting with breakfast and working my way up to dinner!’

My favorite early-morning breakfast place is the Tenafly Classic Diner, located on 16 W. Railroad Ave, Tenafly. They have amazing waffles, pancakes, french toast, eggs, yogurt, and everything in between. One of my favorites is their “Funky Monkey” pancakes: chocolate chip pancakes layered in peanut butter with sliced bananas on top.

Moving on to brunch! Café Angelique, located in the old Tenafly train station, is my favorite place to brunch. If you’re looking for a nice place to sip your coffee and catch up with friends, this is the place to go. Café Angelique has a wide variety of muffins, croissants, and other delicious pastries. It also has a great selection of coffee, tea, espresso and more. My favorite thing to get here is the “Salmon Bagel Stick”,  a poppy bagel in stick-form, layered with cream cheese and smoked salmon with fresh basil on top.  

Farmhouse Café and Eatery, on 15 E. Madison Ave in Cresskill, is a great place to have lunch. Salads, burgers, sandwiches, pasta—you name it, Farmhouse has it. The atmosphere is always great at Farmhouse, and the food is what you would call “comfort food.”

If you are indecisive and never know what you’re in the mood for, go to Farmhouse because their menu is extensive. It’s hard to say which dish is my favorite (because I love so many!) but if I had to choose, I would say my favorite is the “Chicken Milanese Sandwich” which is Panko-crusted chicken, arugula, plum tomatoes, red onions, and fresh mozzarella cheese all on a Ciabatta bread. 10/10 recommend!

If you are ever in the mood for a relaxing sushi dinner, head to Daruma on N. Dean Street, Englewood. At Daruma, you take off your shoes and sit down for a relaxing tatami dinner. Their sushi is always super fresh and they have great combinations such as their “Sushi Deluxe” and their “Sushi Dinner.” While sushi is their specialty, they also make excellent warm dishes. I love their miso soup and chicken yakitori appetizer.

The next time you’re in the mood to try something different, be sure to check out these delicious restaurants which are all really close and easy to get to. Bon appetit!   

Rachel Sarnak, Senior Editor

Rachel Sarnak ('18) has a passion for journalism and video production. Her favorite things to do include telling stories, playing lacrosse, and spending...

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Food

How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Food

How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Food

Trying Tzatziki and Rice Bowls

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

How to Make a Perfect Peach Tart

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

How to Make the Most Decadent Chocolate Cake

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

How to Make Apple Pie Cupcakes, a Must-Have for Fall

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

The Universal Kitchen

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

Tamagoyaki

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Arts & Entertainment

Two Fun and Flavorful Local Restaurants

• My Favorite Local Restaurants

Cooking

Deviled Eggs

My Favorite Local Restaurants