Starface Pimple Patches Brighten up Skincare

Have you ever seen one of your classmates wearing a star sticker on their face and wondered what it was? They’re actually pimple patches! A recent phenomenon within teenagers’ skincare routines has been the switch from the typical (and by definition boring) pimple patches to colorful ones in the shape of stars. The most popular brand of these star-shaped patches is Starface, whose “Hydro-Stars” have gained rampant popularity across several social media platforms. They offer a cute and easy way to treat those unwelcomed blemishes we all get.

The increased popularity of Starface patches has also sparked confusion, with some having doubts on the reasoning for why so many students have been wearing stars on their faces. “I was confused as to why anyone would want to wear them,” said THS English teacher Mr. Whitehead. It may be puzzling as to why people would want to cover their pimples with something that brings more attention to the face. However, there is more to the vibrant patches than meets the eye. 

Starface patches are one part of the recent acne-positive movement, which is all about addressing acne in a uniquely positive way. Many other patches, such as the clear ones mentioned earlier, aim to hide or draw attention away from people’s blemishes; however, star patches do the opposite of this. “By being so cute, they’re like a little reward, akin getting a gold star on an assignment,” said Glamour Magazine

While the Hydro-Stars definitely get an A-plus in the aesthetic department, there is also the question of whether they work well. I mean, with a 32-patch pod costing 15 dollars a pop, you would hope that they’d have at least some effect. This query diverges into opposing viewpoints, with some claiming that Starface patches hold little to no function in treating acne, while others say they work just fine. The answer actually depends on which type of patch you use. While the normal yellow patches are not meant for treating acne per se, they do offer healing qualities and protection from bacteria. They also prevent users from picking at their skin. 

Different types of patches, such as the blue patches, serve an additional purpose Blue star patches are infused with salicylic acid, which is a popular key ingredient found in many skincare products, and for good reason. Salicylic acid is best for reducing swelling and visible redness on the skin as well as unblocking clogged pores, allowing pimples to shrink. These patches multitask as they make it possible for the user to cover up their pimple while it’s healing!

Overall, the verdict on Starface patches depends on the individual. While some may be content with a more inconspicuous and inexpensive choice, if you want a pimple patch that can really liven up your skincare game, consider giving Starface a try!