The Jonas Brothers Return with New Single “Sucker”

Laura Lee, Staff Writer

From 2005 to 2013, the Jonas Brothers dominated the world with three consecutive best-selling albums, nine different tours with sold out shows across three continents, several awards, and even a Grammy nomination. After six years, the pop trio is finally back and better than ever. After confirming their comeback on February 28, they released their single “Sucker” along with its music video on March 1.

Following their split in 2013, the brothers have had successes outside of the band, Nick enjoying solo success with songs like “Jealous” and “Chains,” and Joe becoming the face of pop quartet DNCE—but neither endeavor quite reached the success of the Jonas Brothers. The brothers finally decided to put aside solo projects to announce their reunion following a year of attending much-needed brother therapy sessions.

Fans were enthused by this decision, and “Sucker” quickly reached no. 1 on Apple Music, Spotify, and iTunes in North America and no. 1 on Apple Music, YouTube, and Twitter worldwide. Their music video, featuring significant others Danielle Jonas, Priyanka Chopra, and Sophie Turner, has also garnered over 56 million views.

The trio has been promoting its new single, performing a secret show in NYC and doing several interviews. Most notable is the week-long Jonas Brothers takeover of The Late Late Show with James Corden. They have been in several well-known segments, such as Carpool Karaoke and Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts.

…they’re all studs…

— Nicole Shaker

Many students at Tenafly High School have shared in the excitement for this reunion. For a great number of high schoolers, the Jonas Brothers were an elementary and middle school favorite. “Nick’s always been my favorite because he’s a stud,” said Nicole Shaker (’20), “But watching them all grow up has made me realize that they’re all studs, and I’m really excited for what they’ll make together. I already know everything’ll be a bop.”

“The Jonas Brothers have always been better together, since their Camp Rock days,” said Maya Kominsky (’20). “Though they’ve had solo endeavors, in my opinion, none of them have measured up to their music they have made together. I’m really excited to hear not only the music to come, but reimagined performances of classic songs from our childhood.”

It’s clear that the brothers have undergone great changes and matured over the course of the past three years. “Sucker” hints at an exciting new musical direction for the trio, and the band has confirmed that there are many more new songs in the works.