Lil Tay: Sucker 4 Green

@liltay on instagram
Lil Tay makes a comeback with her new single, Sucker 4 Green

“I’M BACK, YALL THOUGHT THE SHOW WAS OVER.”

Lil Tay, the name that once shook the internet with her fiery and controversial persona, made a surprise comeback less than two weeks ago with her debut pop song, “Sucker 4 Green.” Her return, after a five-year absence, left many curious about the whereabouts of this former child internet sensation. However, her return wasn’t just about her new music; it came with a bombshell: allegations of abuse by her estranged father, uncovering a deeply troubling past.

To rewind, Lil Tay became an internet sensation in 2018, known for her extravagant displays of wealth, foul-mouth rants, and claims about being the “youngest flexer of the century.” Lil Tay was a polarizing figure on various social media platforms despite her young age. 

But in 2018, just as suddenly as she had risen to fame, Lil Tay vanished into thin air. Her Instagram account went mysteriously blank, except for a single story that read, “help me.” Her disappearance left her followers and the media puzzled, as questions arose about her whereabouts during those missing years.

Then came the month of August, and a claim emerged that Lil Tay was dead, sending shock waves through her fan base and the media. However, Lil Tay reportedly soon after set the record straight with TMZ, stating, “I want everyone to know that my brother and I are safe and alive.” She revealed that the rumor had prompted a flood of heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from her loved ones, leaving her in a state of chaos. 

Fast forward to September 30th, just hours before her music video release, Lil Tay went live on Instagram, leaving millions of fans in shock. She began by explaining that her father had initiated a court case against her to silence her, and she had been locked in a battle ever since. She also addressed the death hoax on Instagram Live, claiming that her father was responsible for her death hoax. “Chris Hope was the one that did the death hoax… He was trying to sabotage me… Their plan was to fake my death and then promote the crypto coin….” 

But the most surprising disclosure came as she discussed the physical and the mental abuse that she has endured over the past five years from her stepmother and her father. Punches and pinching were disturbingly common and so normalized that even her half-brother had become accustomed to it. She explained that her father’s motivation behind his desire for control was because he “wanted control over [her] career and [her] money.” Lil Tay claimed, “I am free now and I thank God every day for it, I thank my mom for it. She spent all of her life savings in court.”