A Winter Wonderland: NYC’s Winter Village Sparks the Holiday Spirit

Jacob Dardashti

The smells of cookies and milk fill the air, the sounds of jingle bells are all around, and the freezing snow bombards our bodies. Yes, the holiday season, which we have all been patiently waiting for, is coming around soon. Between riding sleds, building snowmen, and going skiing, there are so many fun things to do this winter. But, if you’re feeling like celebrating the season while embracing the cozy holiday vibes, which give winter an extra-special touch, then you have to go to Bank of America’s Winter Village in NYC.

As a food enthusiast myself, seeing the viral food in the Winter Village all over TikTok did not give me an option but to visit and try it out for myself. As I got out of my car and felt the freezing cold breeze, I spotted the Winter Village right away! Between the beautiful, heart-touching Christmas tree, the 17,000 square foot ice skating-rink, and the countless number of food and gifts shops all around, the Winter Village could not capture the holiday season more perfectly. 

In addition to the huge ice skating rink, some other exciting things at this village are the bumper cars on ice, the cozy igloos, and the opportunity it gives people to hang out with family and friends. Overall, the holidays would not feel the same without these people who are always there to support you, so if you’re looking for something fun to do with your family and friends, hanging out at this event could not be more perfect.

Lastly, probably the best part of the village is the food. Between “The Truffleist Cheesesteak” from Truffleist, with a half pound of ribeye steak, raclette cheese, shaved truffle, and so many other mouth-watering ingredients which all complement each other perfectly; the never-ending variety of marshmallows from S’mores N’More, like funfetti, to make the perfect s’more or hot chocolate; and even the fresh pickles from Pickle Me Pete—there’s a food item for everyone! Personally, my favorite food items I got were the Double Truffle fries from Bel Fries and the rich, creamy hot chocolate from Chocolate Works, topped with a generous amount of marshmallows.

Double Truffle fries from Bel Fries (Jacob)

The Regular hot chocolate from Chocolate Works (Jacob)

The Regular hot chocolate from Chocolate Works

So, if this article grabbed your attention and convinced you to go to the Winter Village, note that the Winter Village is open until March 3, 2024, although the holiday market closes on January 2, 2024. The Winter Village is located in Bryant Park, between 40th to 42nd Street and Fifth to Sixth Avenue. Come feel the cozy vibes, spend time with your family and friends, and indulge in the amazing flavors of the food.