Top Ten Things to Do on Your Winter Staycation

With the ongoing countdown to the upcoming winter break, you may be hearing about all the exotic places your classmates are traveling to. If you are destined for a staycation but still want to make it thrilling, here are ten things you can do to stay entertained and active.

Ice Skate at Rockefeller Center and See the Christmas Tree: Only 20 minutes away from Tenafly, Rockefeller Center is home to the most iconic Christmas tree and ice skating rink in the world. In addition, there are also plenty of stores, museums, and pop-up shops for you to indulge in for a day of activities.

Bianco Nero Gelato: If you are looking not only for a unique and post-worthy spot for your staycation but also searching for a delightful dessert, Bianco Nero is a fan-favorite, authentic, Italian gelato spot with flavors ranging from lemon sorbet to Ferrero Rocher. Just a few minutes away, in Englewood, Bianco Nero is the place to go for indulging in a beautifully crafted, delicious treat while experiencing authentic Italian gelato.

Bianco Nero Gelato Shop (Photo: Zoe Wasserlauf)

American Dream Mall: The second largest mall in America, located in East Rutherford, consists of a waterpark, indoor theme park, ski slope, and a variety of stores. The American Dream mall is less than 30 minutes away and offers a plethora of entertainment.

Binge Holiday Movies: Around the holidays there are plenty of movies that will bring you into the winter spirit. Fan favorites including; Die Hard, Elf, Home Alone, and A Christmas Story will always brighten the mood. With extra time on your hands, enjoy some time rewatching your favorite childhood movies!

Top Golf: You may not be a golfer, or even an athlete, but despite this, Top Golf is an enthralling driving range with fun games, food, and lounges. If you and your friends decide to go, you can reserve one or more of the private bays that hold up to eight people. Compete or just have some fun while you and your friends can see how far you can hit the electronically tracked golf balls.

Top Golf

Axe Throwing: Bury the Hatchet, located in Paramus, NJ, is an interactive axe-throwing experience. Bury the Hatchet offers 15 minutes of axe training then hands it over to you to start throwing. Bury The Hatchet can host up to 90+ people for any occasion and anyone over the age of ten can participate.  

Monster Golf: Also located in Paramus, Monster Golf, is a neon glow in the dark indoor mini golf course. Including an arcade and other amenities, Monster Golf is a unique place to go for a great time for people of all ages.

The Metropolitan Museum: The Met, one of New York City’s most famous museums, is holding a few different events during our break. One that I think plenty of students would have a good time making their way to is Date Night At The Met. Held every Friday and Saturday, Date Night At The Met, consists of live music, gallery showings, diverse cuisine and more.

Attend Tenafly Sports Events: Tenafly’s basketball, wrestling, hockey, swimming, winter track, and bowling teams are all competing during this winter break. Come out and support your fellow Tigers throughout the break. Tenafly teams always appreciate your support.

Palisades Mall: Need a place to spend your day? The Palisades Mall has everything you could think of. Go karts, escape rooms, virtual reality games, stores, movies, and ice skating are just some of the many things to do at the mall.

I hope you have a great staycation, and whatever you decide to do, I hope you can try and make your way to these standout places!