Korean Dramas to Watch in 2024

Known as the “Korean wave,” excitement has been rippling through the Korean drama community, as the new year of 2024 will be bringing a bundle of new series to the screen. Korean dramas have been skyrocketing in popularity and are enjoyed by people all over the globe. Here is a list of popular Korean dramas that you won’t want to miss. From epic historical dramas with modern twists to heartwarming romantic comedies, be prepared to be taken on a rollercoaster of emotions with these highly anticipated sequels and new series.

Squid Game Season 2: Being the most awarded Korean Drama of 2023, this show will be its second season. This season has been held back for a long time; however, it will finally be released this year. Fans are eagerly waiting to see the new challenges and the mystery left behind in Season 1. As the stakes increase, many viewers are in for another surprise in Season 2. The release date has not been announced yet but it’s promised to be sometime this year. 

My Demon

My Demon: This show is a blend of the supernatural elements and human characteristics of a Korean drama. Its story is centered around a protagonist who used to be a heartless demon with supernatural powers but slowly becomes more and more human, as he falls in love with a woman. What keeps readers interested is that the drama explores the fine line between what is considered good and evil. Episodes of this drama are already out on Netflix. 

All of Us Are Dead Season 2: A highly successful zombie thriller from its first season, viewers are ready to watch another season of gruesome zombies and explanations to the cliffhanger that was left in the last one. With intense moments of horror, suspense, and unexpected alliances, the second season is ready to deliver another adrenaline-fueled ride through the apocalypse. According to Dexerto, there is a high chance the season will be released in the second half of 2024.  

Marry My Husband, Webtoon cover

Marry My Husband: Coming to live action from the story told on the Webtoon “Marry My Husband,” the show is expected to show both the dark and bright sides of a romantic relationship. With the protagonist being able to revisit the past, she is able to change the mistakes she has made and hopes to reverse her twisted fate. This drama promises to be filled with humor, heartwarming moments, and unexpected twists that expose both the delightful and evil sides of romance. This show is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

Doctor Slump: This drama lets viewers take a break from all of the stress of their lives and helps them relax. Mixed with a dose of humor, this shows the dramatic life of a doctor, taking a unique spin on the genre. Viewers can expect a refreshing take on the daily lives of medical professionals, exploring the challenges they face with a light heart. It is scheduled to premiere on January 27, 2024, on Netflix. 

The year 2024 holds great promise for Korean dramas, and the ones mentioned here are just a few of many more shows to come. With the many options, there’s something for everyone’s taste, making it a year to eagerly anticipate the dramas that Korean entertainment has in store.