iPic: A Sight for Sore Eyes (and Hungry Mouths)

Fort Lee Daily Voice

The movie theater: a place to feel at home and immerse yourself in a new world. The buttery popcorn fills your face up with joy while you become invested in what happens in this new reality. Overall, if you’re looking for something fun to do, going to the movie theater is a great option. But, if you want to level up your movie theater experience, you HAVE to go to iPic. Located in Fort Lee, New Jersey, the theater provides the quintessential iPic theater experience in a huge space with extra-comfortable seating and incredible food. We tried it, and we absolutely loved it.

After you arrive, hand in your ticket, and get settled, a table will separate the pair of reclining seats, and it will contain two things. First, you’ll see an intricate square of perfection with a design that resembles a maze and realize, “Oh, that’s a QR code!” 

But, before you scan the QR code, you may want to ask yourself, “Am I a picky eater? Or, maybe a foodie who likes getting quality food?” Well, even if you answered yes to both of those questions, that’s okay. At iPic, there are so many food options to explore. Between delectable and luscious filet mignon on a buttery brioche bun lathered in blue cheese; warm, buttery, and crispy popcorn with churro or truffle seasoning coating every crevice; and moist, rich, and decadent raspberry red velvet cake topped with a delicate swirl of cream cheese frosting, there is something for everyone to eat. Our favorite was the Impossible burger and fries, which were gooey, delicious, and rich in flavor, the dynamics of each ingredient producing an unforgettable symphony of flavors.

“But, how do I get the food?” Well, the second amenity on the table is a striking blue button that will inevitably catch your eye. As you anxiously sink your finger into the tempting button, a nicely dressed waiter will immediately tend to you and ask for your order. Then, after chatting with a companion or indulging in the previews being displayed on the big screen, piping hot food will appear within less than ten minutes on your table, providing you with some tasty options to indulge in throughout the entire duration of the movie. 

However, the food and movies aren’t the only amenities presented at this destination. iPic provides each and every single one of its guests with a cushioned, high-quality reclining seat. In pairs of two inside a pod-like structure, iPic prioritizes comfort and quality, and so they also provide each guest with a soft blanket to remain comfortable and warm in the chilled theater. 

If you got hungry from hearing the multitude of food options here, you may want to see a new movie called Wonka starring actors like Timothée Chalamet and Hugh Grant that expands upon author Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The film elaborates on the doings of chocolatier Willy Wonka prior to the grand opening of his shop. The story will undeniably leave you in shock. We know we were.

Indulge in the different chocolates that iPic sells while watching a fantastic movie filled with songs, and of course, chocolate. Overall, at iPic, there are so many movie options. So, don’t worry about if there’s a movie you like; worry about choosing out of all the different ones. 

Overall, if you’re bored on the weekend or just want to hang out with friends, watching a movie is an incredible and unmatched experience. At iPic, with the comforting feeling of the couches, and the tasty crunch of different foods, you’ll have a blast and really enjoy your time. So, go check it out, and you’re guaranteed to have fun!