Predicting Top Four Teams in Premier League for 2023-24 Season

Recently, European soccer leagues officially kicked off their 2023-24 season. Among these leagues, one of the most captivating is the Premier League of England. With a mix of top-class players aging from 16 to 38, teams of unique colors, and never-ending enthusiastic atmospheres, it is surely the pinnacle of world soccer. As an avid soccer fan, I’m excited to present my predictions for the top four teams in the newly-started 2023-24 season.

Just making the cut for the Champions League qualifying spot is Tottenham Hotspur finishing in fourth place. Despite the crucial loss of their franchise player and club legend Harry Kane, the Spurs found their way to replace him with a variety of signings in the summer before the 2023-24 season. The Spurs effectively strengthened their squad from goalkeeper to striker, with the signings of promising youngsters and seasoned veterans. Among all the new faces, the ones that stood out the most were Guglielmo Vicario, Micky Van de Ven, and James Maddison; they have never disappointed the fans as they clearly demonstrate their impacts on the pitch whenever the Spurs play. Of course the new signings are an integral factor in Tottenham’s recent success, but the most significant change, in my opinion, is the presence of a real manager who understands the team. If you follow the Premier League, you’re probably aware of the fact that the Spurs are known for the frequent sacking of their managers. However, this time it surely seems different. I’m optimistic that the newly appointed Ange Postecoglou will successfully fulfill his job as the head manager of the Spurs and lead his team into the top four spot by the end of the season. 

The next on the list is Tottenham’s long-time rival Arsenal FC coming in at third place. Led by head coach Mikel Arteta, Arsenal is a strong contender for this 2023-24 Premier League season. Falling just short of the title race previous year, Arsenal’s preparation for this season has been outstanding.  They, as well, strengthened their squad over the summer with several big signings: Declan Rice from West Ham, Kai Havertz from Chelsea, and Jurrien Timber from Ajax. Arsenal’s start to the season has been pleasant, facing strong teams and winning almost all of their matches. With one of the most well-rounded squads in the league with a few superstars such as Bukayo Saka and Martin Odegaard, Arsenal are in extremely good shape to qualify for the Champions League and potentially win the league. 

My prediction for the 2023-24 Premier League season’s runner up is Liverpool FC. Being the giant club of English football, Liverpool has performed exceptionally throughout history and continues to be a dominant force in the league. Liverpool is a team all soccer fans expect to achieve some sort of success each year, as their campaigns in the last decade have been marvelous. Although the club experienced a disappointing year the previous year, the new faces are eager to prove themselves as Liverpool signed various talents: Dominik Szoboszlai from Leipzig, Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton, and Wataru Endo from Stuttgart. By renovating their midfield line, Liverpool hopes to change the atmosphere of the team and fire up the crowds once again. Their hope has been optimistic so far, as Liverpool sits in second place currently.

Lastly, my favorite to win the Premier League this season is… Manchester City FC, the reigning champion. There is not much explanation needed. Man City contains arguably the most expensive squad in the world, and their squad depth is simply outstanding. Their squad has no flaws as it only consists of the world’s best. Beginning from Erling Haaland, the leading scorer of the league last season, to players like Jack Grealish, Julian Alvarez, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, and Ederson, Manchester Cityś roster is filled with players who represent the best of not only the league, but the world. To add on, this monster of a squad is managed by the legendary Pep Guardiola. Often referred to as one of the best managers in soccer history, Guardiola is confident that he will lead the Man City squad into victory once again. Therefore, as long as the players stay healthy without major injuries, Man City will likely be bringing home the trophy back to the Etihad Stadium.