What’s New: Bergen County Edition

As high school students, we all have those moments when we are bored and can’t find anything to do, or we have a problem and need help fixing it. In Bergen County, there are a variety of new businesses that have been established to help entertain and assist in this regard. Here are some stand-outs that students can look out for:

The Shooting Zone: The Shooting Zone is known as the “batting cages of basketball.” With its original location in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ, this paradise for basketball players is a gym with eight half courts each equipped with a shooting machine. Once you sign up, all you have to do is select a time and court, and you can practice making your shots for up to 45 minutes per session. Last month, The Shooting Zone added a location in Northvale, NJ, only 15 minutes from Tenafly, which is now open for registration. 

Blue Iron Physio: With Tenafly High School students playing 26 different Varsity and JV sports, there are many students who suffer from sports-related injuries. Located right here in Tenafly, Blue Iron Physio specializes in helping recreational, competitive, and elite athletes return to their game feeling better than ever. Their dynamic and innovative approach to physical therapy not only helps care for injuries but also helps to prevent them. If you need assistance rehabbing a small, medium, or large injury and don’t know where to turn, Blue Iron Physio is located on County Road and is ready to facilitate your recovery.  

The Shooting Zone – Northvale NJ (Zoe Wasserlauf)

Scotty’s Bar and Grill: Want to go out to eat, but there is a big game on, or need a new place to go for your double lunch? Scotty’s Bar and Grill is Bergen County’s newest sports bar located in Cresskill, NJ. Scotty’s plays all the big games while offering an American style menu, including everything from burgers to nachos. Scotty’s is also holding their very own pool and darts tournament coming soon, so make sure to visit Scotty’s for fun and food! 

Awe and Wonder: Need a jolt of caffeine before school or during lunch? Awe and Wonder is a new coffee shop in Tenafly located on Highwood Avenue. This cafe offers many drinks like coffees, lattes, teas, and juices, but also provides a variety of pastries including scones, croissants and cookies. You can come here to study with your friends or grab and go. Also, be sure to check out The Echo’s review on this exciting new addition to Tenafly.

So if you ever need something to engage or heal you, make your way to these new businesses all only a few minutes away.